(Source: CDC) Contact Lenses Complications & Risk Factors 1. Serious eye infections that can lead to blindness affect up to 1 out of every 500 contact lens users per year
2. Not following proper contact lens care instructions has been linked to outbreaks of serious eye infections
3. Between 40%-90% of contact lens wearers do not properly follow the care instructions for their contact lenses
4. Approximately 99% of respondents reported at least one contact lens hygiene behavior previously associated with an increased risk of eye infection or inflammation
5. Improper cleaning and irregular replacement of contact lenses and contact lens cases as well as other behaviors relating to contact lens hygiene and care have been linked to a higher risk of complications
6. Keratitis - a painful eye infection often linked to improper contact lens use leads to 1 million doctor and hospital visits annually, at a cost of $175 million to the US healthcare system
Keep your eyes healthy while wearing contact lenses and always be sure to carry a pair of glasses with you just in case you have to take out your contact lenses.
|Eye Care Services
|Contact Lenses - Orthokeratology, CRT Lenses, Eye Examination
|Dry Eye Syndrome, Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Keratitis
|Dry Eyes, EyeSight
|Eye Care Professionals (ECP)
|Source Verified: Health News Organizations
Your eyes are an important part of your health.
Most people rely on their Eyes to see and make sense of the world around them. But some Eye Diseases can lead to vision loss, so it is important to identify and treat eye diseases as early as possible.
You should get your eyes checked (by an Eye Doctor) as often as your health care provider recommends it, or if you have any new vision problems. And just as it is important to keep your body healthy, you also need to keep your eyes healthy.
Address: , , , 94024
Web Site Address: https://mbicircle.com/healthchecker